If you're using a client install of oracle instead of the thin drivers (I'm
guessing because of your @TOMCATDB syntax) then the url is
jdbc:oracle:oci8:user/passwd@TNSname ie

jdbc:oracle:oci8:spifdogg/spifdogg@TOMCATDB
or
jdbc:oracle:oci8:@TOMCATDB and passs the user and password into the
getConnection call.

But for any non-trival system, you should be using a connection pool (search
the archives for a HowTo)

Les