From: William Gustave [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 11:37 PM
To: TOMCAT USER
Subject: Error with Oracle Jdbc

I am getting the following Error from my app when I hit the index.jsp page.
Can somebody help me it would be greatly appreciated.

 jdbc java.sql.SQLException: Invalid Oracle URL specified

I am running the following
Tomcat 4  (It is on the same machine as the Database Server)
Oracle 8.1
Oracle8i 8.1.7.1JDBC Drivers (Which I have extracted into
\tomcat4\webapps\testoracle\WEB-INF\classes directory)

Below is the JSP code that is on the page.

<%@ page import="oracle.jdbc.driver.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>

<%
try{

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:localhost:@TOMCATDB","spifdogg",
"spifdogg");

Statement statemnt = conn.createStatement();

ResultSet users = statemnt.executeQuery("select * from user");

}catch(Exception e){
        out.println(e);
}
%>