Do you have to install the oracle tnsclient software or something like that to use OCI?

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Meadors [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 9:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JDBC OCI driver + Tomcat 4.04

The OCI driver is *at least* 10X faster than the thin driver. It is
worth getting it going. ;-)

I do not have my ora docs handy, what is a ORA-12560 error? Any hints
there?

Send some simple sample code, that will help too.

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/11/02 07:46 AM >>>
I know this doesn't solve your problem, but is there a compelling reason
to use OCI driver as compared to the type 4 driver?