Howdy,
Getting init parameters is usually a simple deal.  Please post the code
you're using to get the parameters, and the results you get.  I'm
assuming your tomcat environment is set up correctly, no errors on
startup, the examples run, etc.?

Typically, getServletConfig().getInitParameter("param-name") will get
you back "param-value".

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics