Few things you need to keep in mind if you do decide to migrate from IIS to
Tomcat.
1) With Tomcat, you will not be able to serve .asp pages. You will need to
convert them to jsps.
2) Frontpage cannot connect to Tomcat as IIS does. But you will be able to
use the editing capabilities of FrontPage. You could still edit HTML pages.
3) Although Tomcat could be used standalone, it would be a good idea to use
Apache as a webserver to serve static pages (using mod_jk), and let Tomcat
handle the dynamic (jsp) pages. mod_jk has load-balancing capabilities as
well. 4) Or you could still use IIS as the webserver (this way you don't
loose the asp functionality). And let Tomcat handle the jsps (and servlet).
You could an ISAPI dll to connect IIS and Tomcat. See
http://jakarta.tomcat.org for more details

RS

Fernando Crowley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/23/2002 11:53:20 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>