On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:46:28AM -0400, Cox, Charlie wrote:
> if your context is under the appBase, then it will autoload it. If your
> context is not under the appBase(shared contexts), then you
> have to provide the path to it.
>
> I've never tried leaving docBase empty for a context, so I don't know what
> path it would look under. I guess webapps could be  assumed as the default
> directory for defined contexts even if you change the appbase.
>
> so you changed your example to:
>
> <Context path=""
>     docBase="" debug="1"
>     reloadable="true">
> </Context>
>
> This would take the ROOT context, which is fine if all your virtual hosts
> use ROOT as their root context. I have different contexts that are the
> default context for their virtual hosts, so I have to provide a docBase to
> distinguish between them. My configuration is similar to your original
> except that I have a dummy appBase(prevent autoloading) and specify a
> absolute path for docBase.

Well, I suppose this won't work with mod_webapp - using application name
in WebAppDeploy in httpd.conf couses tomcat (probably) to search for
this name under appBase. So my working configuration is

appBase="webapps/aaa"
docBase="aaa"

and application in webapps/aaa/aaa.

A little mesh, but I think I will be able to cut one 'aaa' as soon as
I'll be able to migrate to mod_jk (now I'm not because of mod_jserv used
with the same apache).

Regards,

Richard.

--
** Internet Designers S.A., ul. Przedmiejska 6-10, 54-201 Wrocław **
 tel. (071) 35 00 445 w. 25; fax (071) 37 35 946; http://www.id.pl/