I have just upgraded (uninstalled and reintsalled) from Tomcat 3.2 to
Tomcat 4.0.4.

I am using form based authentication, and found under 3.2 I could pull
j_username out of the session cookie after authenticaion was done.

Now under Tomcat 4 it doesn't seem to be there.  I know I tried it under
Tomcat 4.0.1 before I upgraded and it worked, but not after uninstalling 3.2
and installing 4.0.4 from scratch..

Can anyone shed light on what is (not) happening?  Have the rules changed or
have I not cfg'd something properly?

Thanx!
Ed