Have you had much luck with RowSet? I check the Sun forums and everyone
complains.  I think it's an awesome framework, but the sun
implementation is really lacking, features such as createCopy, or
createShared don't work well if at all in testing what they "say" it
will do.

RowSet does work with JSTL, so I'm thinking about standardizing RowSet
with my application as the Model Bean to use with my pages.

-Jacob

| If you have an interface, such as DAO pattern, you could change the
| implementation and not affect the rest of your application.
| So ... make your persistance/CRUD and interface.
|
| This lets you change how it does CRUD. You should be able to switch
from
| JDO to EJB or OJB to RowSet/ResulSet.
|
| If you have to refactor the whole application to junk EJB or JDO...
that
| would not be great. A simple interface would do ya.
|
| v.
|

| Ned Wolpert wrote:
| > When you say 'replace EJB with JDO' you mean replacing EJB's entity
| > beans with DAO, right? (As opposed to session and message beans)
(I've
| > never used DAO, just TopLink and CastorJDO instead of Entity beans
or as
| > BMP entity beans)
| >
| > On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 08:11, V. Cekvenich wrote:
| >
| >>Consider draping a DAO around your persistence.
| >>This way you can replace EJB with JDO or RowSet, should you need to
| >>Ex DAO interface:
| >>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-

bin/viewcvs.cgi/basicportal/src_05d/basicPortal/src/org/apache/commons/D
AO
| /BasicDAO.java?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
| >>
| >>I found a RowSet implementation of DAO works better than EJB.
| >>
| >>v.

| of

| them)

Jboss
| pretty

it
| will

| bundled

| [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| >>>>

| >>--
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| >>For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| >>

| --

---