If you are using mod_jk 1.2 you can use the JkAutoAlias directive to
tell Apache to automatically serve static content for all webapps.

directories into Apache's document space. Attempts to access the <code>WEB-INF</code>
or <code>META-INF</code> directories within a web application context or a
Web Archive <code>*.war</code> within the Tomcat Host appBase (webapps) directory
will fail with an HTTP 403, Access Forbidden.</p>
Example configuration for an Apache VirtualHost:

<pre>
# Static files in all Tomcat webapp context directories are served by apache
JkAutoAlias /export/home/web/host2/webapps
</pre>