My oh my, Jake, thank you so much for this most incredible
explanation of the Endorsed mechanism, the differences between
the various versions of Tomcat as well as JDK1.3/1.4.

This is such a valuable body of knowledge, and so well explained,
that I hope it will be archived by many for future reference.

Thanks also for confirming that "stuff you just put on the
classpath won't affect Tomcat at all since it ignores the
system classpath."

Regards,

Soefara.