Are these repeat postings somehow?  I thought I replied to this last week.

I don't have any suggestions...installing and running Tomcat from binary is
a fairly straight-forward 5 step process.  I don't modify my startup scripts
at all...I set my environment variables in /etc/profile or in a user
directory, depending on the scenario.

Are you sure that CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME are actually set throughout
the entire startup process?  How do you know?

John

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>