From: Turner, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 11:04 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: installing and running tomcat 4.1 on linux

Something has to be messed up.  Installing Tomcat stand-alone is a simple 5
step process:

- download Tomcat
- unpack Tomcat
- set CATALINA_HOME
- start Tomcat
- verify examples

You installed the JDK?  You have JAVA_HOME set?  Did you use an RPM or the
binary install?  Did you build from source?

John