From: Robert L Sowders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 1 October 2002 11:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Help with test needed.

I've just about completed a new site and I've been wondering about a few
things, specifically how does the public see it.  It's an ArcIMS site and
I know it will appear to load a bit slow, (that's just how ArcIMS works).
I'm hosting the front end in one place and the data at another.  I'm
wondering about the network latency that is built in.

If you would go to http://terra.wr.usgs.gov/pilots/wa-id/viewer.htm, then
zoom in about three
times and click on the orthophoto check box that comes up on the right
hand side, then hit the refresh button, this final refresh will give you
an idea of the network latency.

I can't see it because I'm on the DOI backbone.

Any help is appreciated.

rls

jdeveloper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/30/2002 05:50 PM