I tried to get Daemontools running for Jserv (which is pretty similar)
and had no luck. My guess is that you might be able to get it to work if
you pass all the env variables using daemontools and just launch java.
However, since java is not a normal daemon, you will probably need
fghack to do it.

I myself gave up; the thought of creating all those environment
variables was just too much, so I just rolled my own PID monitor whcih I
am porting to Tomcat. Basically, it will grep out the PID and write to a
file which I watch with a cronjob process.

HTH,

Ben Ricker

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 10:08, camccuk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone have any experience with using Dan Bernstein's daemontools to
> supervise Tomcat? I've had real trouble getting this to work with either
> startup.sh or catalina.sh but I'm putting this down to the fact that I'm no
> genius with unix processes...
>
> Having said that, DJB's documentation isn't the most encouraging in the
> world...
>
> I've got Tomcat 4.0.4 with daemontools 0.7
>
> Any pointers very welcome,
>
> cam

Ben Ricker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Wellinx.com