Wendy,

We have had very good luck using Apache 1.3.26 with tomcat 4.0.4/4.1.12 (we
have begun to test
4.1 and 2.0) using the mod_webapp/warp connector.

We built the Apache and the mod_webapp from source.  Apache was very easy.
The mod_webapp was a problem because of the way the test function works on
HP-UX.  I can provide you with binary forms of the mod_webapp for Apache
with and without SSL.  (Keep meaning to send them to John Turner to post
with his JK connectors).  I can also provide you with how to modify the
configure file to allow you to compile it yourself.

In order to compile from source you also need to have a number of GNU
packages installed such as FLEX, autoconf and M4.  I think apache only
requires flex.

We are able to run Tomcat using the binary install.  The only modification
we needed to make was to add use the jvm option -XdoCloseWithReadPending.
Without this set within the CATALINA_OPTS variable, the connector thread
never exists (This is for WARP and the HTTP connectors) and thus tomcat
never exits.

We have not been able to compile the JK connectors because our version of
perl is not compatible with the automake program but I hope to have that
corrected soon.

Let me know if you have any questions,
Jeff