Lisa,

Have you looked in catalina.out yet? To my understanding, Logger
information isn't output from System.out or System.err. It's mostly
context related and your jsp System.out and System.err output is in
catalina.out.

Also, perhaps you would want to look into log4j. It is much better for
handling debugging output especially when you are expecting output from
different contexts.

-Leo
http://www.foopan.ath.cx