;-)
Thanks for your reply.

Many apologies,  my transcription efforts were not as good as they should have been.
Rest assured that I didn't have any "wokers" in my workers.properties and that the
port etc was set.

However I'm confused by your first comment
<snip>
>Immediately following the <server port="8005" ..>

><Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
>  modJk="/opt/apache_2/modules/mod_jk.so" jkDebug="info"
>  workersConfig="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/conf/jk/workers.properties"
>  jkLog="/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/logs/mod_jk.log" />
>Then after <Host name="localhost" .. >
><Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
>  append="true" />

You have the above reversed.  Change them around.

</snip>

You may not have read my more recent post detailing how these issues seem to have been
resolved by handling all the mod_jk.conf data directly into httpd.conf.  However I'm
still curious as to what you mean by "reversed".  Do you mean the ApacheConfig
listener should be placed after the < server Port=...> or that the listener classes
are actually reversed.
?  This could make some sense given that after I stopped relying on the auto confgured
file all seems to have become well.

Regards

Tref Gare