See javax.servlet.ServletRequest.isSecure()

 This should do it:

 if ( request.isSecure() ) {
    // All is well
 }
 else {
    // Redirect to https site
 }

Turner, John wrote:
I only know the inelegant, brute force way, which is to check the request
object for the request type, and if it's "http" when it should be "https",
do a redirect to the same URL but with "https" prepended.

There's probably a much more robust and correct way to do this using Tomcat
security restrictions and realms, but I haven't worked with them that much,
so I don't want to give you wrong information.  Lots of people on the list
have done this, though, so perhaps the best way to proceed would be to start
a new thread with a new subject about restricting particular URLs to SSL.

John