The LE distribution requires JDK 1.4

-----Original Message-----
From: Nalini [mailto:nalinisp@;yahoo.com]
Sent: 28 October, 2002 11:54 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: tomcat 4.1.12 not starting- exception

Hi,

I have installed jdk1.3.1_04 and made JAVA_HOME point
to the jdk home =
directory.
Then I have down loaded the release version of tomcat
4.1.12 and unzipped =
it. When I tried to start tomcat from the
tomcathome\bin directory using =
the startup command , I get the following error.

Using CATALINA_BASE:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14
Using CATALINA_HOME:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\jdk1.3.1_04
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/Inpu=
tSour
ce
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:179)

Could someone help me fix this error.

http://www2.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=Tomcat

> rls
>

> Bernd Koecke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 10/28/2002 01:45 AM
> Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"
>

>         To:     Tomcat Users List
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: load balancing with
> routing with mod_jk in cluster
>

> Hi,
>
> it seems that you want to use mod_jk on the nodes as
> balancer. We don't
> use it
> in that way. We have a load balancer in front of our
> nodes, which has a
> standby
> balancer, if the first one goes down. If we want to
> get your requested
> behavior,
> we had to configure this on our load balancer, not
> on the nodes. This
> balancer
> knows nothing about apache, tomcat and mod_jk. So I
> don't know how to
> manage it
> with mod_jk.
>
> I don't know how your config should work. Because if
> N1 routes to all
> other
> nodes and N1 goes down, how should your client know,
> that he had to
> connect to
> N2? You need some logic in front of your cluster,
> that the clients see
> your
> cluster as one big server. If you want something
> like standby or hot
> standby you
> must implement this in the front logic, not on the
> nodes. And I don't know
> if
> this is possible with jk1.
>
> Why do you limit the balancing to N1? Most of the
> work is done in your
> servlets.
> The balancing is not so hard, that it will bring
> your node down. If all
> nodes do
> balancing its no problem, if one node goes down.
>
> But may be I don't understand your scenario.
>
> Bernd
>
> Alexander Piavka wrote:
> >  Bernd thanks for your reply.
> >
> >  There is one more question i have.
> >  I have 3 nodes N1,N2,N3 each runs apache and
> tomcat. On node N1 i want
> > to run lb_worker1 which will route all requests
> between all nodes.
> > All apache servers will send requests to this
> lb_worker1.
> > On node N2 i want to run lb_worker2 which will
> start routing  all
> requests
> > between all nodes ONLY then lb_worker1 goes down.
> > I don't know if it is possible to make this
> configuration in
> > workers.properties file.
> >  As i see i on each node workers.proprerties file
> should have bl_worker
> > which will route requests between bl_worker1
> bl_worker2. And bl_worker1
> > should have very high lbfactor and bl_worker2 very
> [...]
worker.bl_worker.balanced_workers=bl_worker1,bl_worker2

> > but this is probably illegal as load balancers
> don't have lbfactor,
> > and balancers can't have other balancers in their
> balanced_workers
> > property.
> >  Please tell me if i can make the above scenario
> work.
> >

> [...]
>

> --
> Dipl.-Inform. Bernd Koecke