Hi,

>Try radar...
>
>http://radar.sourceforge.net/

Is Radar still in active development?  It says on their site they
support Tomcat 3.2, which is old.  Whether they are or not in active
development, perhaps the folks who helped with Radar could put up their
hands and help with the tomcat admin webapp?? ;)

>> are there any tools available to monitor a tomcat web application?
please
>> provide me with few pointers.

Many.  It depends on what level of monitoring you wish to do.

I personally like Nagios for our server monitoring.  It's not specific
to tomcat nor java.  See http://www.nagios.org/

Wget is a good Unix tool, again for server and network monitoring.  See
http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html

If you're looking for something that tests more than the server, i.e.
you want to get some URL from the server, look at the response and
analyze it, there are more tools for that as well.  You could use
JUnit/Cactus and run it periodically via cron or another scheduler.
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/

You could use something like PushToTest, http://www.pushtotest.com  I
used to use that a lot, and Frank is a good guy.  The 3.x versions are
supposed to be very powerful.  For the type of testing in the above
paragraph.

Like I said there are many.  Other people will probably also reply with
dozes of their favorites.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics
and notify the sender.  Thank you.