Hi Johnny,

Based on the limited info you provided, I can't point to your exact problem, but there are a few general things to check to make sure you have configured properly.

Make sure that you have your filter defined and provide a mapping for it such as this:

<filter>
<filter-name>My Filter</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.mypackage.MyFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>My Filter</filter-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

Also, remember that the web.xml is order specific. For instance, your filter and filter-mapping elements must come before your servlet and servlet-mapping elements and so on....

If you have this done properly, the next thing to do is to set up a logger in your filter (or use a remote debugger) to make sure your filter is actually running.

Other than that, is your application getting deployed and running properly otherwise? If so, that would limit your search to the above recommendations. Otherwise, you should try to get your app running properly and then try the above recommendations.

Jake