From: Matthew Hannigan
To: Tomcat Users List
Sent: 11/12/02 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: Basic Setup Question...

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 07:39:55AM -0500, Turner, John wrote:

> You need a workers.properties file, as well.

Ah yes, good catch.  I meant to write workers.properties
instead of mod_jk.conf.

> You will need to change server.xml if you use virtual host names...the
> default server.xml has Host elements defined for localhost only.

Yep.  The reason I suggest not to change the default
server.xml at first is that it is much better imho
to start from a known working config and then only change
one thing at a time.

The other thing, in contrast to your excellent howto
is that many people (like me) have apache and tomcat
on different machines, so using auto config is a non-starter.