From: Schnitzer, Jeff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 4:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Broken pipe msg from Ajp13Processor

I understand why the http connector would get "Broken pipe" messages -
users hitting stop on their browser.  But why does the Ajp13Processor
produce Broken pipe messages?

I'm getting a lot of this in my logs:

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
        at org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:495)
        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
        at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Response.java:1
96)
        at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:464)
        at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I thought that mod_jk held open a single connection to the Ajp13
connector and recycled it?  Does it break the Ajp13 connection when the
user breaks the http connection?

Should I be worried?  I'm seeing what feels an awful lot like a thread
leak, and I'm wondering if this could be related.  I'm running Tomcat
4.0.4 with mod_jk.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]