Hi All,

Using Tomcat 4.1.12 on Win 2K

I am getting a 404 error when I try to create a new webapp and add a very basic
servlet.  The servlet works if I create the package structure within the examples
WEB-INF/classes.  Here are the steps:

1.      created webapps/study
2.      created .../study/WEB-INF/classes/com/wrox/projsp/ch03/TestServlet.java and
compiled [ok]
3.      added the following line to server.xml after the examples </Context>

                <Context path="/study" docBase="study" debug="0" >
            </Context>
4.      just copied the examples web.xml to study/WEB-INF and added the following lines

    <servlet>
      <servlet-name>
          TestServlet
      </servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>
          com.wrox.projsp.ch03.TestServlet
      </servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>TestServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/TestServlet</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

5.      restart tomcat

RESULT - The requested resource (/study/servlet/TestServlet) is not available.

Can anyone see what I am missing ?

thanks

Thomas