If I understand everything correctly :)  the invoker servlet is by
default disabled. I had to add the following to my web.xml to be able to
access servlets that are not defined in the web.xml:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>