Well, assume you're right, then I and many developers have to live with
this fact then.

I would like to make myself clear abit though.  Whatever decision they
made over 40 years about limiting the access to port 0-1024, I dont
question, or ask to change, or agree upon or disagree with.  I just think
if there is something they can do that what they try to protect would
work, and the problem we face would be solved.  See the number of response
to this topic obvious shows that there's some
concern/issues/misunderstanding/inconvinience.  Whatever you call it.

My feeling as a developer is that kernel develoeprs would make life
better, whether it's a matter of convinient (without sacrafice security or
whatever else).  Ofcourse, there's other priority that make no body care
to this about this issues.  But that is another story.  I think this was
asked enough to have a good talk about.  I also thought that this is a
relative easy to change in the kernel (for the kernel dev. expert).  I
also don't think it would be a security problem or backward compatable
problem (since the admin must allow some users to use port 80 for it to
work).

About the work around terminology, whatever you call it, and I may use it
wrongly, but I think it's a hassle to do other stuff just for this little
thing.  You may think it's not a hassle, it's nothing you maysay.  Well,
it's users' votes.  When there's enough on one side or another, there's
maybe better reason to address it oneway or another (such as do nothing).

About philosophy, and 40 years of thought.  I think you have a good point
on the time and all that.  But time change.  Things now are different than
before.  So, sometimes, changing is not that bad, and people/developers do
that all the time.  That's how Linux improve every day.