Campano, Troy writes:
Has anyone been able to get Tomcat 4.1.12 or Tomcat 4.1.16 working with DBCP and Oracle (classes12.zip)?
I've tried a billion combinations of configurations and nothing works.
I've see other people on the web have also had this problem.
I've tried for months to figure this out and I've opened bug cases, but nothing seems to work.
Anyone able to do it?
thank you!
~ Troy Campano ~

Hello Troy, i have oracle 9.2 (9i) installed working with JDBC connections and the JDBCRealm using classes12.jar (not zip, this is for micro$oft) in $CATALINA_HOME/lib. i don't know what DBCP is or what impact it may have on ur installation. i know 9i is somewhat more straight forward on tc than earlier versions because of oracle dumping of the internal (to the database) jdk and going with a more traditional approach. also, u should give more detail on ur overall system version and type of: os, jdk, jdbc driver connection type, network considerations. also, what are the errors or exceptions u have been getting. there r gurus on this ml that can diagnose and possibly solve ur problems but even they need info. hope this helps, david.