Mikael Göransson writes:
On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 09:23:56 -0500
"David Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mikael Göransson writes:
> hey, > > it seems like i can't run my javabeans.
> i'm using tomcat 4.1.12 binary distrubtion. > > i get the error "cannot resolve symbol". > > and i have no idea what it could be, it's just
> a simple bean: > > public class JellyBean implements java.io.Serializable {
> private String color;
>
> public JellyBean() {
> }
>
> public String getColor() {
> return color;
> }
>
> public void setColor(String newColor) {
> color = newColor;
> }
> } > > > -- > _ _ . | _ _ | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> | )( | | |< (_| (-` | http://micke.debinary.net
> > > --
> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
Hello Mikael, what is ur overall environment/system?: running apache?, iis? r u running any jsp or servlet? do u have a webapp that gets expanded from a .war. if so, what? i have many "javabean" class files in directories that branch off at the same point as my servlets under WEB-INF after expansion of my .war and using the full package "import" i can access all constructors and methods. someone on this ml can help u but pls reply w/ what u r trying to do and what errors/exceptions u r logging. thanx, david.

atm i'm running tomcat as standalone on linux/slackware 8.1 and i'm not using
a webapp that expands from a .war file.
my servlets and jsp code workes fine, it's just when i try to implement my
javabeans in jsp code i get the error (cannot resolve symbol).
this is the code in the jsp page:
<jsp:useBean id="jb" scope="session" class="JellyBean" />
<jsp:setProperty name="jb" property="color" param="newColor" />
<b>The color has been set to:</b> <jsp:getProperty name="jb" property="color" /><p>
and the javabean code (again):
public class JellyBean implements java.io.Serializable {
private String color;

public JellyBean() {
}

public String getColor() {
return color;
}

public void setColor(String newColor) {
color = newColor;
}
}
and the first error:
An error occurred at line: 7 in the jsp file: /setbeancolor.jsp
Generated servlet error:
[javac] Compiling 1 source file
/usr/program/tomcat4/work/Standalone/localhost/_/setbeancolor_jsp.java:48: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class JellyBean location: class org.apache.jsp.setbeancolor_jsp
JellyBean jb = null;
^
i appreciate any help

--
_ _ . | _ _ | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| )( | | |< (_| (-` | http://micke.debinary.net

Hello Mikael, if i read u right u mean no WEB-INF? w/o this very special directory some of tc scope has been chopped off. how, do u get the jsp/servlet to work? how do u have docbase defined in ur server.xml? tc needs docbase to know where to look in the directory hierarcy. also, i assume u r not using a web.xml? u have a very unusual environment. can u send any inkling of ur directory hierarchy? say, something like: $CATALINA_HOME/<what?>... thanx, david.