You're correct. There is lots of documentation out there. Unfortunately, it belongs with most things that are open sourse - in the trash. Jakarata/tomcat is particularly bad. The people that manage it should be ashamed of themselves (I hope they are not building software I have to rely on in life and death situations).

Mike

I disagree.  There's lots of documentation out there.

It's just not blasted into peoples' faces, nor is it bound into a nice
little book and shrinkwrapped.  You have to go find it, and you have to read
it.  Most people are too lazy to do either, they want everything handed to
them.

John