Are you sure you have JDK 1.4? Do you have only the JRE or the full JDK? If you have only the JRE, then that's the problem. Tomcat needs the full JDK version (that include a file called tools.jar).

-- Jeanfrancois

Billy Ng wrote:

I am testing the installer that installs our java web app, jdk 1.4, tomcat 4 on the Win2k. It works just fine on Win2k workstation, but not the Win2k Server. I get the Error 500 with

What causes that? Please help!

Billy Ng