Billy Ng wrote:

Are you sure you have JDK 1.4? Do you have only the JRE or the full JDK?

Yes, we do. The installler will call the jdk installer.

If you have only the JRE, then that's the problem. Tomcat needs the full
JDK version (that include a file called tools.jar).

Really?  Some told me I could include the JRE and tools.jar to run tomcat 4.
We are about to ship the app without JDK in the next version.

I'm always using the full J2SE version so I'm not sure tools.jar is enough or not. Are your users download your product from the web? If no, then it is not a big hit to include the full J2SE version instead of only the JRE. Is your JSP compiling with the full J2SE version?

-- Jeanfrancois

Billy Ng

-- Jeanfrancois

Billy Ng wrote:

I am testing the installer that installs our java web app, jdk 1.4,

tomcat 4 on the Win2k. It works just fine on Win2k workstation, but not the
Win2k Server. I get the Error 500 with

What causes that? Please help!

Billy Ng

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>