I have this problem with using my own (URLClassLoader) class loader in a servlet of
mine.

The thing is that I am writing a web front end to domain name services (automatic
registration of .org, .com. .biz, .info etc domains).

Depending on the top level domain, I need to use different versions (jars) of the same
API, since the protocol differs. So I need to dynamically load my classes at runtime.
Just putting the jars in lib won't work since there are different implementations of
the same classes in them. I have to decide in runtime.

Using the URLClassLoader in a standalone app works perfectly, when using it in a
servlet it just hangs. I suspect the problem lies within the different lookup order
used in servlets (as dscribed in the classloader-HOWTO).

I can't figure out how to do it.

Has anyone experience in the field?

/O