For 1, this is in the web interface management screen, when you click on localhost and
select Create New Connector from the drop down list. IE to create a new port etc.

For 2, maybe I didn;t make myself quite clear, what mean is i would like the
management stuff to be just accessed on 8080, and modify tomcat so that the website
I'm putting on would be accessed through a path of " / ", so effectively I could do:

http://localhost:8080 for the management side
and
http://localhost for the standard website

Sorry if I seem to be askin silly questions, but its only my second day at tomcat use.

Cheers
Adam

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/12/2002 11:13:20 >>>

For number 1, you'll have to provide lots more information.  What does
"create a new connector" mean?  You're writing your own connector?

For #2, if you have no concerns about running a process as root on port 80,
just change Tomcat's HTTP connector from the default 8080 to port 80 and you
will have what you need.

Tomcat can handle multiple connectors with one install...you can have an
HTTP connector on 8080, an SSL connector on 8443, and a JK/JK2 connector on
8009 (or any other ports you choose) all at the same time.  There is no need
to install a separate instance of Tomcat to use a second connector.

John