The mod_jk.conf file should take care of your JkMounts as well as your
LoadModule line, too.

My bad, I just re-read your message....http://localhost works but
localhost:8080 does not?  If :8080 isn't working, that has nothing to do
with Apache, I apologize for sending you down that path.  Did your HTTP
connector in server.xml on port 8080 get commented out somehow?  That would
be the only thing I can think of that would cause it not to respond to
requests.

Is there anything in the Catalina logs?

John