You seem to be confused here. I believe you said you were accessing port
8080 when it was working. Now, unless you setup Apache to listen on port
8080, you were talking directly to Tomcat's web server. Now that you
have moved to Apache, you want to drop the 8080 and use port 80, which
Apache listens to by default (again, unless you changed it).

I would suggest that you post all the lines you added to httpd.conf,
your workers.properties conf file, and your server.xml file.

The JkMount directive tells Apache what path gets mapped to Tomcat; see
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/mod_jk-howto.html for