* Turner, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [1214 14:14]:

> NOTE: the ./configure method assumes you have a sane build environment:
> libtool, GNU make, autoconf, m4
>
> a) cd to CONNECTOR_HOME/jk/native.
>
> b) check README and README.configure.
>
> c) run buildconf.sh: ./buildconf.sh. This will create a file called
> "configure" in CONNECTOR_HOME/jk/native.
>
> d) run configure: ./configure --with-apxs=/some/path/to/apache/bin/apxs
> --with-java-home=${JAVA_HOME}
>
> e) run make: make

I got this far from CVS, then had to manually copy mod_jk.so from
./.libs/ in that directory into place for Apache2 to load it.
It seems fairly happy though, so that's not a problem.

But unless I'm mistaken, this is a mod_jk connector.
I was hoping for JK2 (since I see warnings that JK is deprecated) -
I was following the docs linked from the 4.1 connector reference, are
they for Jk (rather than jk2)?

I tried to build from the native2 directory, but this seems to require a
local JDK - that's no go for me, NetBSD on sparc doesn't have a 1.2 JVM :(

Am I missing something, or does JK2 need a local JVM to work? If so, why?