On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Denise Mangano wrote:

> The other JkMount statements that I have specified have al been
> placed outside of the Virtual hosts directives, but I do not have
> one specified for SSL.

As the previous poster suggested, this is most likely your problem.
As with other directives, JkMount's are specific to the context in
which you place them in your httpd.conf.  If you want some to work
under https, you need to place them in the section of your httpd.conf
(probably a Virtual Host section) that applies to the https instance.

>                         Everything in the Tomcat documentation seems
> to discuss setting up SSL on Tomcat acting as a standalone, which is
> not my situation.

Right.  So none of that stuff is applicable to you.  If you are using
Tomcat standalone, then you need to set up SSL with Tomcat; if you are
using Tomcat behind Apache (or some other web server), you set up SSL
with Apache (or whatever web server you're using) and use that.

>                    I'm trying to find something telling me how to
> formulate such a JkMount statement, but can't seem to find anything.
> Any suggestions?

See above.  You can control which webapps (and perhaps the components
thereof) are accessible via http and/or https by where you place the
relevant JkMount directives.  (Otherwise there is nothing different
between the JkMount directives you use in the http and https sections
of your httpd.conf.)

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]