copy mysql jdbc driver to tomcat/common/lib directory

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 3:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DataSource error (DBCP)

hi all,

i'm new to tomcat... if my queries are foolish...pl forgive.  :)

my configuration is RH Linux 8/MYSQL 3.../TOMCAT 4.1.8

all the examples provided are working correctly...

i tried JNDI Datasource HOW-TO (more details in the URL)

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-how
to.html#Database%20Connection%20Pool%20(DBCP)%20Configurations
4
i tried with MYSQL DBCP Example

  1. i've created mysql username,password,database,tables,records
  2. i've changed the server.xml configuration by inserting the codes given
under no.2
  3. i've created a web.xml as in no.3
  4. i've written the same test.jsp and DBTest.java

  and i created a directory DBTest and placed test.jsp and DBTest.java
there and another subdirectory called WEB-INF and placed the web.xml there.
I tried  to compile DBTest.java and ended up an error
--------
  Type 'Datasource' not found in the declaration of table 'ds'

      "DataSource ds= ...."
       ^
1 error
---------