Did you import javax.sql.*; ?? DataSource is part of the J2EE package.  Just
an extension to the normal java.sql package

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 December 2002 2:20 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: DataSource error (DBCP)

sorry for replicating the same query!!! anyone can help

TIA

bringing attention to my old problem like i'm unable to compile DBTest.java
(i compiled the same in another machine where oracle 9i is running, and
copied to the machine where tomcat is running :))

I tried  to compile DBTest.java and ended up an error
--------
  Type 'Datasource' not found in the declaration of table 'ds'

      "DataSource ds= ...."
       ^
1 error
-------

                    sunil.kumar@imasst

                    elecom.com               To:     "Tomcat Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                             cc:

                    12/23/2002 02:53         Subject:     Re: DataSource
error (DBCP)
                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

that's cool!!! worked.....

bringing attention to my old problem like i'm unable to compile DBTest.java
(i compiled the same in another machine where oracle 9i is running, and
copied to the machine where tomcat is running :))

I tried  to compile DBTest.java and ended up an error
--------
  Type 'Datasource' not found in the declaration of table 'ds'

      "DataSource ds= ...."
       ^
1 error
-------

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this e-mail in error, any use, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is not permitted. You are requested to
forward unwanted e-mail and address any problems to the
MIM Holdings Limited Support Centre.
For general enquires:   ++61 7 3833 8000
Support Centre e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Support Centre phone:   Australia 1800500646
                                        International ++61 7 38338042