Ronin Quigley wrote:

John,

I have tried your suggesions but I think the problem is the path to Tomcat.

I am using Windows XP and the command promp automatically defaults to
C:\Documents and Settings\Go For It Web Design>, it doesn't recognise
C:\ as a valid command. How can I get around this as Tomcat is installed
under C:\Tomcat?.

Thanks for your help

Rocket
p.s. the logs for Tomcat were empty

the directory you are un doesn'r mattet as long as you set path and environment variables: PATH CATALINA_HOME JAVA_HOME.
if you just want to be in c:\tomcat\bin strike "cd c:\tomcat\bin" CATALINA_HOME will be set @ .. by the startup batch. but you still have to set JAVA_HOME correctly, or ot won't work.

--
\/
<>