Lior,

It looks like you have short-circuited Tomcat's security model and created your own. We have a Tomcat Security Overview and Analysis that might be of help at:

http://www.cafesoft.com/products/cams/tomcat-security.html

You might also reference the security section of the the servlet JSR:

http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr053/

Gary

Lior Shliechkorn wrote:

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the whole security implementation in Tomcat. I'm using a webapp that has a Login.html page that posts information to a servlet that queries a database to authenticate the user. The values are then set into a bean, and each page checks the existance of the bean in order to enter that page.

If I want to add additional security, what would I do in the WEB.XML page in order to have it secured by tomcat?
Thanks,

Lior

Gary Gwin
http://www.cafesoft.com

*   The Cafesoft Access Management System, Cams, is security    *
*   software that provides single sign-on authentication and    *
*   centralized access control for Apache, Tomcat, and custom   *
*   resources.                                                  *