Thank you Gary, I will check these links out. Have a happy new year.
 Gary Gwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Lior,

It looks like you have short-circuited Tomcat's security model and
created your own. We have a Tomcat Security Overview and Analysis that
might be of help at:

http://www.cafesoft.com/products/cams/tomcat-security.html

You might also reference the security section of the the servlet JSR:

http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr053/

Gary

Lior Shliechkorn wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm a bit confused about the whole security implementation in Tomcat. I'm using a
>webapp that has a Login.html page that posts information to a servlet that queries a
>database to authenticate the user. The values are then set into a bean, and each page
>checks the existance of the bean in order to enter that page.
>
>If I want to add additional security, what would I do in the WEB.XML page in order to
>have it secured by tomcat?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lior

Gary Gwin
http://www.cafesoft.com

* *
* The Cafesoft Access Management System, Cams, is security *
* software that provides single sign-on authentication and *
* centralized access control for Apache, Tomcat, and custom *
* resources. *
* *