Well, you can't do it directly with an error page, the <location> element's body
is required to contain an application-relative resource. Since you're using TC
4.x, you could take adavantage of JSTL to do something like:

web.xml:
<error-page>
  <error-code>404</error-code>
  <location>/error/404.jsp</location>
</error-page>

/error/404.jsp:
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>
<c:import url="/error/404.html" context="/otherContext"/>

This is equivalent to using the following in a servlet:

ServletContext foreign = getServletContext().getContext("/otherContext");
RequestDispatcher rd = foreign.getRequestDispatcher("/error/404.html");
rd.include(request, response);

So, the error page is still part of the app, it just imports a foreign resource
to display the error message. Will that work for what you want to do?

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>