Just so there is a confirmation from someone who did it, This works!

From my server.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app[
<!ENTITY vhost SYSTEM "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14/conf/vhost.xml" >
]>
<Server ...
*snip*
</Host>
%vhost;
</Engine>
</Service>

FWIW, vhost.xml is a full <Host> subset.

Thanks!

-Matthew

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
Oups (remove the quote)

<!DOCTYPE web-app[
   <!ENTITY vhost1 SYSTEM "/path/to/tomcat/conf/vhost1.xml">

]>

-- Jeanfrancois

Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:

I thin it should be defined like this:

<!DOCTYPE web-app[
    <!ENTITY vhost1 SYSTEM "/path/to/tomcat/conf/vhost1.xml">

"]>

I did not try it but that the way ENTITY works usually.

-- Jeanfrancois

Turner, John wrote:

Sorry, that should be
<!ENTITY vhost1 SYSTEM "/path/to/tomcat/conf/vhost1.xml">

Typo in "vhost".

John