From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Any data from ORACLE, please help..

>It cannot be true. I need help!
>I have Oracle 8.7.1, tomcat 4.0.6, cocoon 2.0.4, windows2000, solaris.
>
>If i run tomcat on Oracle Server(win2000), everything works successfully,
>but if i run Tomcat on another server(windows or solaris),
>Tomcat dont't get any data from Oracle Server.
>Why? If i run some application how TOAD on different Servers - it works, but
>Tomcat not. I write small Java-proram, it make connection to oracle and
>runs a stored procedure - it works! Tomcat and this program use one
>JDBC-Driver.
>
>What is wrong?
>
>Please, any ideas..
>
>Configuration in Tomcat:
>
>  <datasources>
>    <jdbc name="mydb">
>      <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>
>      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
>      <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@sv000111:1521:mydb</dburl>
>      <user>dbo</user>
>      <password>xxx-xxx</password>
>    </jdbc>
>  </datasources>

Hi,

a) are you shure that tomcat uses the jdbc driver?
Where have you placed it ... JAKARTA_HOME/libs or in webapps? Does the catalina output
says it has yound/deplyoed the jar-File? And have you renamed
classes12.zip to classes12.jar?

b) If a) is not the problem, what does the oracle listener output reports
when the tomcat app tries to connect?
Maybe it is a oracle naming problem.

regards,
Claus Bitten