Yes. Read and write as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Mark Balz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 2:58 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4 - SSL - Client Authentication

Have you checked the permissions to the directory where your keystore is
held?  The process running the webserver must of course be able to read
the keystore.
 - CB

Shiva.Devaguptapu wrote:

> [...]
>className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
>                                              port="8453" minProcessors="5"
>maxProcessors="75"
>                                              enableLookups="true"
>                                              acceptCount="10" debug="0"
>scheme="https" secure="true">
>                                     <Factory
>className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
>
>keystoreFile="/home/shiva/tomcat/keystore/server.keystore"
>                                              keystorePass="changeit"
>                                              clientAuth="true"
>protocol="TLS"/>
>                                   </Connector>
>*      Create keys on the client
>*      Create the certificate on the client
>*      Import the cliet certificate on the server
>*      Import the client certificate into Internet Explorer
>       Now I started tomcat and I tried to access from the IE, the URL
>https://192.168.200.12:8453 - then the Client Authentication dialog box
>appears
>without any certificates in the list, as a result I cannot select any
>certificate, and
>if I click on OK button, it says page cannot be displayed.
>       I also tried importing the client certificate into
>$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts
>on the serverand even that did not solve the problem and even I tried
>importing
>the server certificate on the client side into
>$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts
>and into IE as well and even after the problem is not solved.
>       I am including all the commands I used to perform the above steps.
>Can anyone help me out in getting this done.
>Thanks in advance,
>Shiva.

>Commnands used
>***For generating server keys on Linux***
>keytool -genkey -alias tomcat-sv \
>  -keyalg RSA -keypass changeit \
>  -storepass changeit \
>  -keystore $CATALINA_HOME/keystore/server.keystore
>***this keystore directory is created by me***
>---------------
>***For generating server cetificate on Linux***
>keytool -export -alias tomcat-sv \
>  -storepass changeit \
>  -file server.cer \
>  -keystore $CATALINA_HOME/keystore/server.keystore
>---------------
>***For generating client keys on Win2K***
>keytool -genkey -alias tomcat-cl ^
>  -keyalg RSA -keypass changeit ^
>  -storepass changeit ^
>  -keystore C:\ssltest\mykeystore\client.keystore
>---------------
>***For generating client cetificate on Win2K***
>keytool -export -alias tomcat-cl ^
>  -storepass changeit ^
>  -file C:\ssltest\client.cer ^
>  -keystore C:\ssltest\mykeystore\client.keystore
>---------------
>***For importing the client certificate on the server***
>keytool -import -v -trustcacerts \
>  -alias tomcat -file client.cer \
>  -keypass changeit \
>  -storepass changeit \
>  -keystore /home/lotto/lotto/utilities/tomcat/keystore/server.keystore
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
". . . / This Cabinet is formd of Gold / And Pearl & Crystal shining bright
And within it opens into a World / . . .