Yes, thanx Yoav, I am in fact using Log4J for webapplication specific logging, with
very good results.

But sometimes exceptions occure where they should not occure (where they are not
caught), and  I get stacktraces printed out on to the tomcat console, but no
information in wich application the problem happens, only what kind of error and in
which class.

Can I configure Log4J to take everything that is printed to stdout and apply a pattern
to it and write out to a file ?
I think I need a logger that grabbs everything that comes out on the stdout (console)
and writes it out with log4j to a file, with a pattern.
To clarify once more : I need logger that grabs unhandled exceptions written out to
the console and checks which application or classloader they occure in, and gives me
more informative information than just the stacktrace.

Right now I'm looking at a way of developing such thing with log4j (of course)

thanx
-reynir