It appears that it needs more than an empty constructor in
InitialContext():

try{
   Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
   Context envCtx = (Context)initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/");
   this.ds = (DataSource)envCtx.lookup("/jdbc/ngincaredb");
}
catch(NamingException e){
   logger.fatal("datasource error", e);
}

So, the solution maybe doing something like this:

Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "????????");
Context initCtx = new InitialContext(env);

But the obvious question (and unknown for me) is what should be the
tomcat 3.2.4 default JNDI factory to put in
Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY attribute?? And why in tomcat 4.1.x it's
enough put a empty InitialContext()??

I don't find docs for tomcat 3.2.x about the resources/jndi...

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.

--
<ps>