I tell a lie, you can't get access to the users session easily from a
realm's authenticate method.

Perhaps I could write a valve that looks at the request and looks up the
realm the user belongs to. I could then cache the subjects in the realm
and run the rest of the pipeline using doAs(subject, xxxx).

This seems awfully low level but I can't see another way. Can anyone
suggest an alternative ? Surely this problem has been encountered
before.

--
Peter Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Moveit Pty Ltd