Good point, but he says it loads up.
But it does seem it's not really loaded. Barley, check your logs on Tomcat
and Apache too.

Here's my mod_jk dependency line (or whatever you call it):

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

You can check your configuration agains my install HOWTO:
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html

Oscar